Friday, June 26, 2009

RSS Where have you been all my life?

I feel like I have been missing out! I had heard the term RSS and it had been explained to me before, but it didn't really sink in until I read this chapter and we set up Google Reader. I am fascinated by the idea of a personal learning space. I just had an interview today to be a literacy coach for a middle school. They asked how I would communicate with all of the teachers I would be coaching. I told them face to face of course, but also digitally. I told them I would probably set up a blog, and I would have all the teacher's subscribe to it. I could post all the information that they needed there. I could have links to research articles that I wanted to share, a calendar of important dates, and the teacher's could leave comments and questions. I hope that it made sense to the people I interviewed with. Then I would see which teachers really like the blog, and I would help them set up RSS feeds so that they could set up personal learning spaces or environments. I got the idea from reading the Girls Write Now Blog and website. It seemed like a very good way to communicate to the group like I mentioned in my last post.

No comments:

Post a Comment