Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Learnings from Redefining Literacy 2.0

Three pages that I marked in Redefining Literacy 2.0 summarize three new learnings for me from the book. The volunteer form on p. 30 is so good, it makes me think, "Why didn't I think of that?" I don't have any great ideas on how I would use the form in the near future, but that is why I marked it because I have a feeling, I will be in a situation that warrants finding out what "experts" are available to me. Another page I marked is page 41 Search Evaluation Tool. What a teaching tool! We give students tips on searching and send them off and hope for the best. With this tool, we can have students record the steps of their searches and can find out where any breakdowns in their understanding of internet searching. The final thing that I want to remember from this book is the HTML list of teachers on p. 127. Again, can't think of when or where I would use this, but I'm bound to need it one of these days. I should probably scan all three of those pages and save it to my computer as a PDF. I would probably retrieve them more quickly that way . . . . just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. You have made some good recommendations of pages to connect to. The html - we talked about that in class. If you wish to add a link to your blog "comment" you have to know a little html to get the code into your comment.

    So I am typing code around the words "link here" below and it should appear as a link. You just don't see the code I have written in the final comment.

    Link here for google class site

    ReplyDelete